What is the Tritt Tiger Foundation?
The Tritt Tiger Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit volunteer organization whose mission is to enhance educational opportunities for all students at Tritt Elementary School. The Tritt Tiger Foundation provides all Tritt students with programs & strategies to maintain excellence in the classroom & beyond.
Why Have a Foundation?
The Foundation was established in 2001 to work hand-in-hand with the PTA for Tritt students. PTA works with our school to provide programs and volunteers, but national PTA guidelines limit how the PTA can spend funds. The TTF can utilize funds for salaries, capital improvements, supplies, equipment, and other school needs. The TTF provides the sole funding for these opportunities, not available at most Cobb County Schools. This is the only way these programs are able to be offered at Tritt.
How TTF Raises Money
- Annual Fund donations from parents, administration, faculty, staff, charitable organizations, & matching corporate grants
- Revenue from the after school enrichment programs (FAST) (a portion of vendor fees are donated back to TTF)
- Proceeds from the Square 1 Art Program, a student artwork fundraiser
TTF’s Current Goals
- Fund & staff the Science Enrichment Program in the Discovery Porthole Science Lab
- Fund & staff the Technology Enrichment Program in Tritt’s two computer labs
- Coordinate after school enrichment programs (FAST) to provide parents with convenient access to quality, cost effective extra-curricular programs for their children
- Research investment opportunities for curriculum, technology, and capital improvements
- Increase communication between the TTF, school organizations, & parents through Classroom Foundation Liaisons & other avenues
How You Can Help
- Donate to the Annual Fund
- Double your donation by asking your employer about a Matching Gift
- Become a TTF Classroom Liaison for your child’s class
- Volunteer for a TTF committee