We want to thank all of our donors – our Tritt families, administrators, teachers, and staff for their incredible support of this year’s Tritt Tiger Foundation Annual Fund Campaign!
Each donor chose to invest in innovation at Tritt by supporting our campaign, and as of today, we have received donations/pledges of $87,434. We will meet our goal if all pledges are realized by February 13, 2015.
So, now what does your donation support at Tritt?
- The TTF’s mission is to focus on curriculum, technology, and capital improvements.
- The TTF is the sole source of funding for Tritt’s two computer labs and the science lab, plus the salaries of Jennifer Adamczyk, Tritt’s certified full-time science lab instructor and Courtney Pascual, Tritt’s part time, computer lab facilitator. Our students would not benefit from these labs if it were not for your donations to the TTF. Our labs are essential in forming an innovative school and in preparing our students for the future.
- The science lab is on the specials rotation and the students are very busy with hands on experiments! 5th grade is learning about Levee’s & the impact on Human Life. 4th grade is learning about Simple Machines: levers, wedges & inclined planes. 3rd grade is learning about fossils, creating imprints in clay. 2nd grade has been learning why we have the seasons. 1st grade is busy building rain shelters for their creatures and Kindergarten is learning about the way animals move. Please be sure to check out the science lab’s blog http://www.saturatedinscience.com/ to see some pictures of your children in action.
- The computer labs allow the students to utilize computer technology for curriculum based projects, and teachers can utilize and incorporate the computer labs as their schedule allows.
- The TTF purchased additional iPad carts school wide so that this technology is used by our teachers on a daily basis to enhance and reinforce the core curriculum in the classroom. In addition, the TTF is providing 1 designated computer or iPad for each classroom.
- The innovation lab allows your child to experience hands on cutting edge technology every other week. The TTF purchased 25 Netbooks, TVs, furniture, and other learning tools for the Innovation Lab.